Social Media and Job Searching
HOW DOES YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA AFFECT YOUR JOB SEARCH?Most people would think it is standard practice for you to update and revamp your CV before applying for an available job position. It shows the employer about your previous experience and your current role. But, have you also considered how your social media accounts might be affecting your job search – either positively or negatively?
In addition to your experiences, skills, and achievements, your social media information is just as important. It is always possible that your resume might be equal to the resume of another applicant for the job. However, your social media can also provide valuable insight and information about you.
Maintaining a positive social media presence is more important than ever when job seeking. A growing percentage of employers use social media to find out more about applicants online.
In Australia, it is estimated that:
- 91% of employers use social networking platforms to screen job applicants.
- 47% of employers immediately reviewed their applicants’ social media before talking further with any of the applicants.
- The Job Search October 25, 2021
- Social Media and Job Searching October 25, 2021
- Mobile Phones at Work October 25, 2021
- What’s Your Job-Hunting Action Plan? October 25, 2021
- Honesty and employment October 25, 2021
- Dress to impress – Your interview dress code guide October 25, 2021
- Know Your Workplace Rights October 25, 2021
- 20 ways to make a great impression October 25, 2021
- Assessing Your Skills October 25, 2021
- Understand your workplace culture October 25, 2021